Temporary Above-Ground Application
9.5mm Inductive Loops - Model CG9.5MMConduit
- Highly abrasion-resistant Polyurethane alloy cover
- High tensile strength braided synthetic yarn reinforcement
- Good flexibility over a wide temperature range
- Minimum impact pressure of 3000 psi (20,680 kPa)
- Nylon alloy core tube
- Superior resistance to oil, gasoline, salt, moisture and impact
- Max. o.d. of 3/8” (9.5 millimeter)
Connection – Loop Head to Loop Lead-In
- High tensile strength / tenoerature self-locking Polyethylene “T” connector to connect the loop head to the protected lead-in (No wire splices)
- Loop wire is 20 gauge silver coated with Teflon jacket, stranded, single conductor wire.
- Number of turns to be determined by engineer or factory and will depend on loop size, loop depth, presence of reinforcing steel and other special factors
- Lead-in wires shall be machine twisted at a minimum of 8 twists per foot (30 cm).
- One continuous wire shall be used to manufacture the loop and lead-in, no splices shall be allowed.
- Extra wire shall be incorporated throughout the conduit by means of the “Z” method to compensate for pavement movement.
- Loop and lead shall be filled with a flexible rubber self sealing emulsion to prevent moisture entering the conduit and prevent false calls from movement of the wire within the conduit.
- Preformed loops shall be commercially manufactured.
- Quality control of the end product shall be performed and passed as specified in the Preformed Inductive Loop (P-ILD) Handbook V.2.4 and be submitted to the end user.
- Loops shall be individually marked as to the direction of the wire turns.
- Preformed loops shall have a 15 year minimum manufacturer's guarantee.